1> The laptop is the new desktop
- moving essential communications functions on to the Acer Aspire One (AA1)
- leaves the MacBook as the workstation frees up a ton of ram, but more importantly, frees up focus.
- it seems to be psychologically significant that the subnote is *small* – can’t say why – but I think this will be a dominant hardware form factor in the developing world. If it took a SIM card and worked as a phone, it’d be everywhere.
2> Engaged in what amounts to a long range planning conference
- couple of visitors from the US and Canada – long series of strategy meetings mainly oriented around setting priorities and putting things into context – super high level abstract stuff
- haven’t been on top of email etc. catching up tomorrow.
- expect great things
3> Iceland has not collapsed
- things continue much as they did, I’m not sure how or why but things are just running along unchanged
- how long can it go on like that? Possibly indefinitely depending on things like a Euro bailout. We will see.
4> The Open Toolbox continues to gather steam. Am meeting with folks about it next week. Expect really great things.